Remote Sensing activities at AWI, IUP and IFM
Monday, 9 July, 2012, 10:00-16:00 CEST at IfM/CEN, Hamburg
This time, the block seminar will be a joint effort not of two, but three institutions: In addition to IUP and AWI, the Remote Sensing and Assimilation Group, led by Detlef Stammer, of the Institute of Oceanography (IfM), University of Hamburg, will join in. Therefore, this block seminar will take place in Hamburg, at the IfM.
The idea of this joint seminar is to get to know each other's research interests and topics better, in view of possible future collaborations. The title of the block seminar is Remote Sensing activities at AWI, IUP and IFM, as remote sensing is the greatest common denominator of the three involved institutions.
|10:15 - 11:30:||Presentations by AWI members|
|11:30 - 13:00:||Presentations by IUP members|
|13:00 - 14:00:||Lunch, Coffee|
|14:00 - 15:30:||Presentations IFM/CEN members|
|15:30 - 16:00:||Discussion and Summary (Jung, Melsheimer, Stammer)|
The Block Seminar will take place in room 008 in the KlimaCampus Building building, about 400 m from the ZMAW building, on the main street where the buses run.
The street address is: Grindelberg 5, 20146 Hamburg.
It is about 20 min on foot or 5 min by bus from the railway station Hamburg Dammtor (see map, building A)
How to get there
By Train from Bremen Hbf to Hamburg Dammtor
- Semesterticket is only valid in MEr (metronom regional) and ME (metronom) trains, but not in IC!
- MEr runs to Hamburg Hbf, then take S-Bahn S21 or S31 from platform/track 2, one stop to Hamburg Dammtor
- Semesterticket is not valid in S-Bahn and buses, you need a local HVV ticket, Einzelkarte Nahbereich for 1.85€ (usually this is the second button on the left on the touchscreen of the HVV ticket vending machines) - this ticket includes the bus from Dammtor to the KlimaCampus building.
- IC train from Bremen at 8:17 goes to Hamburg Dammtor
|Bremen Hbf||—train—||Hamburg Hbf||—train—||Hamburg Dammtor|
|8:00 (Gleis 10)||MEr||9:23||9:28 (Gleis 2)||S21||9:31|
|9:30 (Gleis 2)||S31||9:33|
|9:38 (Gleis 2)||S21||9:38|
|8:17 (Gleis 9)||IC 2314||9:18|
- from Hamburg Dammtor station, exit towards Theodor-Heuss-Platz, Moorweide or similar (but not CHH/Messe)
- take bus number 5 (direction Nedderfeld or Burgwedel) - runs every 5 min at least
- get off at third stop, Bezirksamt Eimsbüttel
- the KlimaCampus building is on the opposite side of the street
- From Hamburg Dammtor, you need a ticket Kurzstrecke for 1.40 € - available from the bus driver.